112 Spencer Street, Manchester, CT 06040, Phone: (860) 926-4544
About Dr. Silva:
Eneida M. Silva, Ph.D.
- University of Connecticut, Ph.D., Doctoral program in Clinical Psychology, Storrs, CT, 1990
- University of Connecticut, M.A., Masters Program in Clinical Psychology, Storrs, CT 1988.
- Rutgers University, Bachelor of Arts (Psychology), 1983.
- Rutgers University, Bachelor of Arts (French), 1983.
- Magna Cum Laude in Clinical Psychology - Doctoral Degree - University of Connecticut (1990)
- Pre-Doctoral Fellowships - University of Connecticut (1985-1988)
- Phi Beta Kappa - Rutgers University (1983)
- Phi Sigma Iota (International Foreign Language Honor Society) - (1983)
- Magna Cum Laude in Psychology - Bachelors Degree (1983)
- Magna Cum Laude in French - Bachelors Degree (1983)
Clinical Neuropsychology Division of American Psychological Association
Neuropsychological Rotation (Internship)
Human Information Processing
Genetic Determinants of Behavior
Conditioning and Learning
Practicum in Adult Psychotherapy
Practicum in Child Psychotherapy
Professional Experience and Training:
• Advanced Psychological Services, Tolland CT, Clinical Psychologist/Neuropsychologist. Neuropsychological assessment of English speaking and Spanish speaking children, adolescents, and adults. Psycho-educational assessments with a focus on Learning Disability/Dyslexia and learning challenges. Autism Spectrum Disorder evaluations of children (age 3-20) and adults. Language dominance testing of bilingual children. Evaluation of children with ADHD (attentional challenges) and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). January 1991 - present.
• Hartford Board of Education, Hartford, CT, School Psychologist. Psychological assessment of Caucasian, Latino, African American, and Portuguese speaking children, with learning disabilities, intellectual impairment, autism, traumatic brain injury, language deficits, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, developmental disorders, and social/emotional issues. Grades K-12, September 1995 - March 2008, and April 2010 - August 2019.
• Charter Oak Terrace/Rice Heights Health Center, Hartford, CT. Psychologist. Psychological assessment and therapy of children with learning deficits, attentional problems, oppositionality, depression, anxiety, etc. Family treatment with a racially and culturally diverse population. February 1993 - September 1995.
• University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, Clinical Adjunct Faculty Member. Supervision of Psychological Assessment Practicum for doctoral level psychology graduate students, February 1993 -September 1995.
• Casey Family Services, Hartford, CT. Research Associate. Research and program evaluation of post-adoption program of high-risk children, March 1992 - December 1992.
• United Social and Mental Health Services, Willimantic, CT. Post-Doctoral Fellowship. Psychological assessment, psychotherapy, emergency services, and crisis intervention, July 1990 - December 1991.
• University of Connecticut Student Mental Health Center, Storrs, CT. Psychotherapist - Counseling and psychotherapy (individual, couples, and group) with young adults ranging in ages 17 through 25, September 1989 - May 1990.
• University of Massachusetts Medical Center and Worcester State Hospital, Worcester, MA. Psychology Intern. Assessment and treatment of patients with neuropsychological issues. Outpatient adult therapy in Eating Disorders Clinic and Department of Preventive and Behavioral Medicine of UMass Medical Center. Treatment of patients on Acute Ward of Worcester State Hospital, August 1988 - August 1989.
About Judith Weiner, M.S.
Prior to conducting evaluations at our practice, Judith Weiner, certified since 1981 as a Special Education Teacher, has taught varying exceptionalities at the elementary, middle and high school levels. She specializes in the areas of academic instruction, reading disabilities/dyslexia and instruction, and behavior management. Her extensive training in reading instruction and behavior disorders combined with her vast teaching experiences in both the private and public schools, provides a unique component when developing a comprehensive evaluation to address the client’s individualized needs.
Judith has a Master of Science Degree in Counseling Psychology. In Florida, Judith managed and coordinated a program for students with emotional and behavioral challenges. In Connecticut, she had been appointed as the Special Education Teacher for an alternative academic program to work with the clinical team at the Institute of Living. She has additional training in Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports, and the School Based Diversion Initiative.
Judith trained as a reading diagnostician at the Developmental Resource Center, a clinical research based school specializing in reading disabilities and dyslexia. In 2003, she developed a comprehensive language based reading program for struggling students while completing her Sixth Year Degree in Educational Leadership and Supervision. After being appointed a Haskins Literacy mentor, to support the initiative to increase the literacy expertise for primary teachers, Judith also completed reading evaluations for the school district’s Department of Special Education.
As a previous “Teacher of the Year”, Judith continues to close the achievement gap for numerous youth.
Locations and Detailed Directions:
Advanced Psychological Services, LLC
112 Spencer Street
Manchester, CT 06040
Advanced Psychological Services, LLC (Directions below)
24 Goose Lane
Tolland, CT 06084
Directions to Tolland, CT Office:
From Norwich/Willimantic/Coventry area: Take Route 32 all the way to Route 195. You will pass through Willimantic on your way there and then it’s about 12 or so miles after that. Make a left onto Route 195 - there is a Mobil/Exxon gas station on the left. Go about 1.5 miles and turn left at Goose Lane. Office is shortly after that on the right.
From Hartford/New Britain/Vernon/Manchester area: Take 84 East to exit 68. At end of exit, take a right onto 195 (going towards UConn). Go about half a mile and turn right at Goose Lane. Office is shortly after that on the right.